The Mediterranean site of
AAS is a franchise partner College to Central Lancashire University in UK. That means that at AAS we offer top quality British education. We follow the same curriculum and provide the same BAs and MAs Degrees as UCLan.
AAS was established in 1990 and today is one of the biggest colleges in Thessaloniki. It is well-known for its high standard education in Art & Design Studies.
At AAS we understand that in order to reach your full potentials, you need a modern, friendly and inspiring environment. This is the reason why we constantly invest in our premises and resources. High-tech computers, magazines, books, DVDs and all
necessary equipment is there to help you with your studies. You study and practice at fully equipped Computer Studios, Fashion Design Studios, Design Studios while you can enjoy and relax at the College’s cafe.
Our Library is one of the biggest in the city and is fully updated. Furthermore, because the collaboration with UCLan you enjoy free access to e-libraries throughout your studies. You will participate in numerous competitions during your study. The high number of awards that our students achieve in national and international competitions makes us really proud.
During your three-year programme, you also enjoy cultural visits, real projects, work placements, exhibitions and study-visits to Europe.
AAS is an excellent choice for you who want to make a difference in the fields of art, design and communication. You are trained according to the British educational system and you are prepared to answer all the challenges in the international market. You follow the same curriculum, the same programme and you obtain the same Bachelor and Master Degrees as the students at UCLan. You get the same top quality British education. You keep updated with all international trends in design and graphics.
When it comes to studies, make the smart choice!
Discover the Mediterranean site of UCLan, choosing top quality British education, in a top quality Mediterranean environment, at lower tuition fees than the UK Universities!
Join us at AAS College in Thessaloniki!
The vision of AAS College is to build a leading, modern university level college providing British undergraduate and postgraduate Higher Education. AAS is a college recognised for its commitment to higher student’s experience, innovative learning and valuable engagement with the industry and the market in Greece.The mission of AAS, as University level partner College to University of Central Lancashire, is to:
Provide graduate and postgraduate education of high standards that accepts international recognition
Cultivate, transmit, implement and exchange the knowledge and skills through design study
Advance design research and design knowledge and education for the benefit of the society as a whole
Promote educational opportunity for all
Protect the rights and freedoms of individuals and respect the diversity.
The tutors who teach in AAS are not ‘appointed’. They were selected among the best ones. Each tutor is an acknowledged professional in his/her field and has got rich professional experience. All of them have university education in Greece and renowned universities abroad. Most of them have completed postgraduate studies, a skill difficult to find in the fields of applied arts.
Nevertheless, apart from the skills mentioned above, the management of AAS believes that the tutor’s love and will to communicate his/her knowledge and experience to the students is the necessary prerequisite for the college’s co-operation with a tutor. The quality of knowledge acquired by our students and their creative cooperation with the tutors are reflected upon their project work every year.
The tutors of each course participate at least once a month in meetings, in which the chairman is the course leader and they discuss about the acceptance and understanding of the project briefs by the students, the organisation of the critics -presentations, the progress of the students, the attendance, the assessment criteria, the assessment, the feedback, etc.
The teaching staff is very important in the organisation of AAS courses but on the other hand,our students have an important role in it. We take their points of view and their critique into account. We give them the possibility to express their aspects through:
- Meetings of each course team with student representatives twice a year, at the end of each semester
- Module evaluation questionnaires, in which each student places his/her tutors, the way of assessment, the quality of the project briefs, the college’s resources and premises and suggests ways of improvement
- Meetings with his/her personal tutor, who is responsible for the student’s progress
- Meetings with the course leader, who is responsible for the organisation of the course
- Meetings with the head of design department, who is responsible for the administration for the matters of quality and organisation of all courses that are run at AAS College
Why study at AAS:
- It is the only University College in Greece with such a wide range of British Design courses in graduate and postgraduate level
- Exceptionally talented PhD and MA academic faculty with international experience as academics and design practitioners as well
- All programmes of study meet the high-quality standards required by the UK Quality Assurance Agency (QAA)
- Same High Education standards as UCLan in the UK
- Mirror extensive facilities and resources as UCLan in the UK
- AAS College reduces the cost of a UK degree significantly
- Personal interest to students; each student is one of the hundreds not of the thousands
- Safety and well-being
- Great student life: Enjoyment and fun